Go green this green holiday with these 20 ideas of how to green up your St. Patty's Day in the greenest of eco-ways on this Irish day!
1. Don't go buying new green for your wearin' o'the green. Check out your closet and go with something you already have.
2. Want something new-to-you to wear? Visit a thrift shop and take advantage of the "reuse" industry.
3. Bow out of the glittery green hair sprays and face paints that are far from natural. Go re-usable with necklaces, hats, and accoutrements to jazz up your St. Patty's Day style.
4. Same for all of the plastic festive wear. #PlasticIsNotFantastic
5. Looking for some festive wear for your table? Use the real stuff or purchase the biodegradable variety of cups, plates, napkins, and silverware.
6. Make sure all recyclables get into your recycle bin.make sure beer cans, bottles, and other recyclables make it into the correct bin.
7. Drink eco-friendly Irish coffee.
8. Even better....take your own reusable mug.
9. Start the day instead with a green smoothie or some lovely green tea.
10. Make green the theme for your meals. Get a hefty dose of those leafy greens or other veggies in your meals du jour.
11. Going traditional feasting fare: go organic, local, grass-fed corned beef.
12. Or, move away from the meat-heavy traditional foods as meat-eating animals require a lot of environmental resources.
13. Get your green by getting outside and getting some Vitamin D, some Vitamin N(ature), and some exercise.
14. When indoors, turn off or unplug anything electronic you aren't using. Save that phantom electricity.
15. Same goes for the lights!
16. Go green with your cleaners (though, let's be honest, who's cleaning on St. Patrick's Day? Not this li'l leprechaun!)
17. Support green, eco-friendly businesses and restaurants. GreenAmerica.org is a great place to go to size that up.
18. Drink organic green beer....or at least support a local brewery.
19. If you are hitting the Irish pubs, skip the plastic straws in your beverages.
20. Likewise, if you are out and about, consider ride sharing to get home safe and sound.
All of the ideas are inspired from the following articles if you want to dive in and read more!
Kiss Me, I’m Eco-Friendly! 5 Tips for a Truly Green St. Patrick’s Day
Putting the Green in St. Patrick’s Day
REALLY Go Green with Eco-Friendly St. Patrick’s Day Activities
How to Green Your St. Patrick's Day
15 ShamROCKIN' Ways to Go Green this St. Patrick's Day (and every day)!
Art created at canvas.com
No comments :
Post a Comment