If done well, a good eulogy and a good graduation speech stick with you for a long time.
Given that, when I ran across a few articles about graduation speeches from this year, it really struck me that these are all good words to live by. Some are wise. Some reverent. Some irreverent, but equally wise!
May they serve as inspiration!
The Guardian's Michael Cantor's article: " 'To the Class of 2023, I Say Three Words: You Poor Bastards’: The Year’s Best Graduation Speeches ~Included here are excerpts and video from the following:
- Patton Oswalt ~ actor & comedian, at William & Mary
- Isabel Wilkerson ~ journalist & author, at Occidental College
- Raphael Warnock ~ Georgia senator, at Bard College
- Tom Hanks ~ actor, at Harvard University
- Karine Jean-Pierre ~ White House press secretary, at Rice University
- Sanna Marin ~ Finnish prime minister, at New York University
- Nikole Hannah-Jones ~ journalist & author, at Spelman College
- Oprah Winfrey ~ talkshow host, actor & producer, at Tennessee State University
- Lester Holt ~ journalist, at Villanova University
- Mae Jemison ~ astronaut, at University of Delaware