"Without bees to pollinate crops, yields on about 35% of agricultural land worldwide would suffer, and 87 of the world's leading food crops would be affected."
To learn more, check out...
- The United Nations' World Bee Day homepage
- Protecting Bee's website's 25 Facts About American Wild Bees
- The International Federation of Beekeepers' Association
- Apimondia’s Trees for Bees Campaign
- For a list of pollinator dependent foods, go to Pollinator Partnership's list of over 30 foods.
- Unesco's Women for Bees website