The rational behind creating #Reclaim:
- 1/3 of all food produced worldwide goes to waste.
- 800,000,000+ people go to bed hungry world wide.
- Food waste generates over 3 billion tons of greenhouse gasses.
- In America alone, 40% of the food goes uneaten due to waste.
- In America, 15+ million children do not have enough food to eat.
"Our food waste campaign is the latest expression of our global What's Working initiative, which aims to empower our audience to positively change the world by highlighting the art of the possible."
In addition to raising awareness, the Huffington Post also has several key action plans in motion to help petition for less food waste, tackling the distribution problems that get the food where it is needed.
Their current Youtube #Reclaim playlist is up to 15 videos:
Here are the current 15 titles to check out in the HuffPost #Reclaim series. They were posted between July to September, 2016.
- Help Us End Food Waste
- 5 Ways To Reduce Your Food Waste
- This Chef Made Delicious Dishes From The Dumpster
- Ugly Produce Gets A Bad Rap
- Walmart's Ugly Produce Problem
- How To Start Your Very Own Worm Composting Bin At Home
- Wecyclers Is Fighting Nigeria's Waste Crisis
- This Man Only Eats Perfectly Good Food Waste
- The Rust Belt Riders Are Not Your Average Garbage Collectors
- This Company Is Putting Coffee Waste To Good Use
- These World-Renowned Chefs Are Feeding Rio's Poor
- Fighting Food Insecurity In Appalachia
- This Compost Collecting Bicycle Is Helping Reduce Food Waste In NYC
- This Company Uses Bacteria And Food Waste To Power Homes
- This Designer Uses Flower Waste To Create Truly Magical Clothing