Ending 2016 may be an emotionally-charged closure for many. It was a year of a lot of events (both nationally and globally), more election drama than any one person needed, and many tragic & iconic passings of people near and dear to our collective hearts.
But another year awaits, right around the corner. A fresh start. A hope and a promise of potential ahead.
What will your year bring you? More importantly, what will you bring to the new year?
As you get ready to celebrate "out with the old, in with the new," may these serve as inspiration for your year ahead, resolution-making or not:
- One Word: What's Yours? Based on the book One Word That Will Change Your Life by Jon Gordon. My words for the past few years (which I've both focused on & forgotten with varying degrees during those different times) were "Change," "Make," and "Up." I think this year it will be "Notice." The "My One Word" Facebook page might also serve up some inspiration.
- For some excellent New Year motivational & visual quotes to set you off to an inspirational beginning this 2017, check out HappyNewYear.Net.
- For some outdoor adventures to speak to your soul, check out ThermaRest's list of ways to get you out in nature.
- If you want to look for ways to give back to your community in the year ahead, here's a wonderfully comprehensive list of 35+ service activities from Kid World Citizen for you and your family to get involved with.
- For poetry and some motivational prose, check out Wow4U's New Year page.
Images from http://ihappynewyear.net/happy-new-year-2017-celebration-quotes/, http://purelytwins.com/2013/12/31/testing-a-persons-will/, my "Notice" image created using the app Ripl