I think there are many people out there who are afflicted lack of time outdoors, communing with nature.
Some might call it a "disorder." In fact, "disorder" is exactly what Richard Louv, champion creator of the concept "Nature Deficit Disorder" would call it. He's written about it in two books:
- The Nature Principle: Human Restoration & The End of Nature Deficit Disorder (2012)
- Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children From Nature Deficit Disorder (2006)
Looking at the publication dates of Richard Louv's books, you'd think we all should know well by now that "Vitamin N" (aka, Nature) is the cure that magically could soothe our disconnected souls. Yet, we are all still here in this same disconnected place, years later in 2015. Articles continue to be written on the topic, as tech addiction and waist lines continue to grow.
- "Why Going Outdoors Makes You Smarter, Stronger, & More Spiritual" (Written by Michael Hyatt June 8, 2015)
- NPR's "Out Of The Classroom And Into The Woods" (May 26, 2015)
- Your Brain and Health in Nature: Rewilding Is Good For Us (From Psychology Today, July 23, 2015)
- "10 Reasons Why Children and Adults Need 'Vitamin N'" (Written by Richard Louv, From Green Child Magazine, Feb. 2015)
Let me know what it is that you are doing!
Images from http://www.slideshare.net/krawczyk80/no-child-left-insidesaving-our-children-from-nature-deficit-disorder, http://www.greenchildmagazine.com/vitamin-n/; video from http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2zdg61_nature-play-teaser-2-with-richard-louv_fun