New Years Eve is around the bend As we enter into the "new" new year, this is the time that traditionally we all look at what's around us. It's that time to assess: What is it you want to keep... and what is there that needs an iteration or two? Perhaps you are regretting that extra Christmas cookie (or twenty), or that extra cocktail (or more). Maybe you are taking note of which of your friendships enrich your lives and perhaps which relationships are ones its time to release. Habits & attitudes may need to be rebuilt, readjusted, and renewed. Here's a few of my inspirational suggestions for 2016:
For tackling your own resolutions, here are some handy resources that might simplify your plans of action for the year ahead:
Here are two links from my ultimate favorite life-focused inspiration: Michael Hyatt. I'd completely recommend his podcast series "This Is Your Life." It's changed the way I move about in the world as it is frequently what I'm listening to in the car. Here are two links specifically for goal setting:
- Michael Hyatt's blog post: How To Make New Year's Resolutions Stick
- Podcast: Season 6, Episode 6: How to Finally Achieve Your Dream: Overcoming Your Toughest Goal-Setting Struggles
Podcast: Season 4, Episode 8: Goal Setting For Beginners: 5 Principles for Setting Goals That Work.
- FitBit Blog: 6 Tips to Make Your New Year’s Resolutions Stick
- For a visual of how much sugar you are taking in, check out Sugar Stacks. Here's just one example. Sometimes the drinks you are leaning toward are more sugar packed than you think. Beyond beverages, you can also click through their links for sugar in snacks, cookies, deserts, and more.
- The Sugar Free Institute also has some good visuals comparing drinks across each other.
- Chef Jamie Oliver has long been a fan of healthier eating. His Food Revolution show from several years ago gave some eye opening stats, facts, visuals & challenges. His most recent brigade has been the documentary Sugar Rush where he spoke out on Obesity in the UK.
- Michael Pollan (author of "Food Rules") has a new documentary out: In Defense of Food.
In Defense of Food - Trailer from Kikim Media on Vimeo.
Whatever your goals for the year ahead, I wish you luck in pursuing them!
Cheers to your new year. Make it the best one yet!
Radical Resolutions image created using PicCollage for Kids, "In Defense of Food" trailer https://vimeo.com/135709265; Coke pictures from http://www.sugarstacks.com/beverages.htm
No comments :
Post a Comment