As partisan politics and differing views STILL noisily show & bark on--we are not done. His message on equality in our world is still so vital, here 50+ years after the Civil Rights Movement.
Empathy is still needed for all of us, on a daily basis.
To help you celebrate Dr. King and his visions for a united "United States" and connected human community, here are several links for contemplation, reflection, and even perhaps even some activism:
- Martin Luther King, Jr's "I Have A Dream" Speech, August 28, 1963 (THE historic speech, over at YouTube)
- How MLK Made a Better World in Just 10 Years (Michael Hyatt Post)
- Inauguration Day 2013 (GTG Post 2013)
- Taking Action in Honor of Martin Luther King Jr. (GTG Post 2011)
- Food for Thought on Martin Luther King, Jr's Bday (GTG Post 2012)
- All National Parks Are Free On Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Huffington Post Article, 1/8/2016) Get outside!! This year's January 18th is an admission-free day for national parks. The first of 16 days for this year ahead. It might be a nice way to go forward for your personal self as a way to celebrate the great wide world we have out there.