However, we all feel a little lazy sometimes. And sometimes we NEED to be a little lazy. We can't be on the go all the time. We need time spent lounging in a hammock, taking an afternoon nap, reading a good book, watching entertaining shows, or just being a couch potato.
What if there was a way to work on saving the planet while being a little bit lazy? It's an enticing thought. We can't all be 24-7 activists. And even those out there who are busy changing the world, they need time to sleep.
I think that's why the United Nations "Lazy Person's Guide to Saving the World"appeals to me so much! It leaves me thinking, "Hey! I can do this!" Sometimes big things (like saving the planet or addressing the 17 Sustainable Development Goals) just feel too big!
Here's an overview, but be sure to check out there website!
- Level 1: Sofa Superstar - Things you can do from your couch
- Ideas here include online versus paper statements, staying informed of the issues (and staying away from "alternative facts"), turning off lights that aren't in use, and more!
- Level 2: Household Hero - Things You Can Do From Home
- Ideas here include taking shorter showers, eat less meat, turning down your thermostat, and more!
- Level 3: Neighborhood Nice Guy - Things You Can Do Outside Your Home
- Ideas here include avoiding impulse buys, bringing a refillable water bottle, getting vaccinations, and more!
- Level 4: Exceptional Employee - Things You Can Do at Work
- Ideas here include mentoring younger folks in your field, carpooling when possible or take public transportation, reducing waste, and more!