day you get out of school (says teachers and students everywhere!) and the true calendar date that marks Summer Solstice: June 21st, where the sunlight hours are at their peak due to the tilt of the Earth on its axis toward the sun an its annual trip around.
For me, there might also be a third... that day I get to get in our backyard pool and just bask! Not having had that experience as a child, I was startled when we moved into our house 10 years ago. With a newbie walker wild child at the time, I was sure a backyard pool would be a disaster. Little did I know how much it would capture my heart. It certainly is my summer love!
It is here that I...
- read books;
- become one with the water;
- become more mindful;
- truly take notice of the blue of the sky;
- marvel at the depth of green of the leaves;
- work out my muscles with a variety of water aerobics;
- nap on my pool floatie;
- play around with my peeps and my pups;
- listen to the osprey family that always returns to the tower behind m back fence and trees;
- watch squirrels scampering about, in the grass or along the fence-line;
- get my dose of Vitamin D & Vitamin N (Nature!);
- slow down to the speed of life--something I always have a difficult time doing during the busy-ness of the school year;
First Day of Summer pic from http://worldartsme.com/free-first-day-of-summer-clipart.html#gal_post_33897_free-first-day-of-summer-clipart-1.jpg; Pool pic from my camera
No comments :
Post a Comment