This year's Earth Hour is Saturday, March 25th from 8:30--9:30 pm in your time zone. It marks the 10 (or really, would that be 11?) year anniversary since the first Earth Hour in 2007, celebrated in Sydney, Australia alone. From there it has grown, to become a global event, a virtual crowd-wave of diminished lights to show the number of people, communities, nations, and world landmarks that want to "shine a light on climate action" by going dark from that hour in their own time zones.
their website to zoom into these specifics to be "enlightened!"
- Sign up & get ideas on how to celebrate.
- Learn more about "Changing Climate Change" at WWF: World Wide Fund For Nature (formerly World Wildlife Fund).
- Ideas on how to "take action" & share the action you've taken.
- Read the 2016 Earth Hour Report.
- Watch the video below to be inspired to take part by turning off your lights.
Earth Hour images from http://www.earthhour.org/; Video #1 from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw7EenLAdrA;