There's also the counter-flags, the ones that are NOT a-flying. The move to bring down the Confederate flags in the aftermath of the Charleston church massacre is a good one. President Obama excelled as an orator during his eulogy at Rev. Clementa Pickney's funeral.
"It's true, the flag did not cause these murders... but we all have to acknowledge the flag has always represented more than just ancestral pride. For many, black and white, that flag was a reminder of systemic oppression and racial subjugation. We see that now....By taking down that flag, we express God's grace." ~Pres. Obama
Then, there's the "green" flag that was flown symbolically by way of The Pope's Encyclical!! Way to go, Pope Francis, defender of our planet!
Yes, freedoms abound.
And with that comes responsibility.
The answer is no--others' lives are theirs. Our business is ours.
- love one another,
- love ourselves,
- help our planet,
- take responsibility,
- take action,
- make a move,
- make a motion,
- fight for what we believe in,
- share what's good,
- not get sucked into the vortex,
- turn on our minds,
- turn off the social media influences,
- fill ourselves with the power of good versus the power of evil,
- make healthy choices,
- share our messages,
- pursue happiness,
- take part in incremental change,
- learn something new,
- be true to our friends, family, and selves,
- be innovative, be creative, be inspiring, and be connected.