Plastic Pollution Coalition is at it again. Their mission: to rid the world of single-use plastics. They recently made news with their affiliation with Virgin America Airlines. After discussions, the two have teamed up to stand strong for sustainability. Along with some revamped environmental practices (like terminal hydration stations and the elimination of plastics on board), the following video entitled "Plastic Pollution Travel Solutions" was produced for Virgin America's on-flight entertainment.
To learn more of Virgin America's commitment on sustainability, check out:
- Virgin America's 9/30/2013 blog post: Keeping the Coast Clear... of Plastic
- Virgin America's Sustainability Statement
- Virgin America's Transparency Statement & their commentary on being the first airline to openly address their carbon footprint.
- Virgin America's Waste Reduction & Recycling Initiatives
- Or watch their Big Red Box Video on Sustainability here (below):
Images & Videos from:
Plastic Pollution Coalition logo from https://www.facebook.com/PlasticPollution/timeline?filter=2
Virgin America pic from http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddwoody/2011/06/15/virgin-america-signs-1-4-billion-deal-for-a-greener-jet-engine/
Plastic Pollution Travel Solutions video from http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2rp124tXLfs
Virgin America's Big Red Box video from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLqyGvlARD0&feature=youtu.be