- It's free to K-12 teacher's and their students--sign up just entails a teacher login on your school domain and verification.
- Teachers can invite students to their Canva classroom to assign and manage class activities.
- It works seamlessly with Google Classroom, Microsoft Teams, and more.
- It opens up pro features including fonts, icons, and images.
- The templates!! A wealth of customizable templates on every subject including social-emotional learning. Insert 3 thumbs up here!! Some of the broader category of school-specific templates include:
- Class Posters
- Graphic organizers & mind maps
- Lesson Plans
- Class Decor Kits
- Not to mention all the templates they already had which could be adapted to the classroom:
- Integrating Bitmoji's (just discovered that one!)
- Business Cards
- Even fun stuff like T-shirts, menus, postcards, and logos. Just think of the literature extension ideas you could use by assigning creative activities like these.
Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Canva has long been a go-to website for me for creating digital signage and imagery. I've used it frequently here at GTG, always referencing when I do. They've made some additions with their Canva For Education which make it a teacher's dream! No doubt it's one of the many edtech shifts that have come out of remote and hybrid teaching during the pandemic, making it easier for students and teachers to connect.
The possibilities are endless, both from the teacher productivity standpoint and the "create and write" standpoint for your students!