Luckily, they offer a few suggestions that serve as helpful hints.
Here are a few other things you can do to be proactive with your recycling efforts and help minimize waste, helping to swing the pendulum the other way (if you, like me, is a tad bummed out after watching):
- Keep bringing your reusable bags with you to the store--or refuse them if you are only purchasing one or two items.
- Drop your wire hangers back off at the dry cleaner so they can reuse them.
- Go plogging or plalking while you are out in the world, getting some fresh air and exercise.
- Use your own coffee mug or leftover containers... or ask for foil instead of Styrofoam to-go boxes.
- Get some stainless steel or paper straws--or just say "no thanks" when you are offered them. I think I might look into portable, collapsible ones like the Final Straw!
- Save those gift bags and reuse them when giving gifts, or get creative with material and other reusable covering.
Video from https://www.facebook.com/namelessnetworksavetheworld/videos/403460643480701/UzpfSTEwNzkyNTc4NTk4MjoxMDE1NTU1NDA0NTI0MDk4Mw/; image from http://www.theurbanecolife.com/recycling-mistakes/
No comments :
Post a Comment