(You can check out that history and get your GTG "Earth Day" history up to date by scrolling through here.)
For some of us, that means we get to piggy back one week with another week on top! 2 weeks celebrating, honoring, and protecting the Earth! One-twenty-sixth of a year! I love it! I'll take it. It also goes to show you that it can and SHOULD be more than a day!
Here is a slew of educational technology activities that tie nicely to Earth Day. May these be a lovely way to extend and continue that celebration and protection of Mother Earth! Plus, it's through taking action and working to make a difference that we all feel like we are indeed doing something. This is what it will take to shift the pendulum to where we feel like we are standing up for what is important for us, taking advantage of innovative trends, and moving forward to where we all should be!
- Buncee: Earth Day Skype Buncee Buddies
- Given the Earth is what we all share, join together with other class to share your class' promises to protect the Earth.
- Erintegration's Earth Day Projects:
- 10 edtech ideas to get your students inspired and involved.
- We Are Teachers.com's 12 Meaningful Earth Day Activities
- "These fun Earth Day activities help empower kids to have a positive impact on the planet.
- StoryBoard That's Earth Day Activities Page
- Activities to brainstorm edtech ideas how to celebrate Earth Day.
- Free Coding from Tynker
- DIY Solar Updraft Tower - A Hands-on Elementary Science Lesson
- Investigate how solar energy can be transferred through a solar updraft tower.
- ARMAP Arctic Map
- Use ARMAP to see the "Who, What, Where, and When of U.S. Arctic Science."
- 4 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day with LittleBits
- Use your LittleBits to invent and come up with #eco inventions!
Closing with 2 #edtech #eco shares from my school this last week...from some of our youngest to our oldest at our Lower School, as shared via our Seesaw Digital Portfolio:
- A Kindergartner's view of how we can be "helping hands" to the Earth:
- An example of 5th grader's infographics after investigating items and their biodegradability:
Images from http://www.greenteamgazette.com/2014/07/ecs-re-greening-2014.html, http://www.greenteamgazette.com/2017/04/earth-day-is-on-its-way-april-22.html and student digital creation this Earth Day 2018.
No comments :
Post a Comment