I ran across the website Switchzoo while looking for some elementary STEM activities for my Tech/Maker Lab classes. This website ended up being a Mecca of all sorts of free online activities and teacher resources, all related to Animals. While not a new website (it's been around in different degrees since 1999), it was new to me and has some valuable resources and some striking reviews.
Some of the great finds you will find there:
- Go to the Animal List & Profiles and click any one of over 130 animals to get its bio and find out more about it.
- Be creative and design new animals by switching up animal body parts
- Learn about birds by playing Words of a Feather and matching the feathers.
- Learn about the animals and habitats of the 6 major biomes by playing Build a Biome.
- Play the Where Do I Live game to match animals to their habitats.
- Discover music performed by animals and their natural sounds at Animal Music.
- Investigate other games such as the Scavenger Hunt game and Please DO Feed the Animals.
- Visit the teacher resources, which include cross curricular lesson plans.
Logo from https://www.switchzoo.com/