I happened on this website somewhere on social media and it's a complete treasure trove of classroom podcasts on a variety of subjects over at Jeff Glade Tech. Jeff Glade is a Digital Learning Consultant in Iowa who focuses on literacy instruction through a variety off mediums beyond just traditional texts. He has been compiling monthly curated lists of podcasts on a variety of subjects. Each list is in a google slide (typically 2 pages plus a third with explanation), and each podcast he mentions he lists the grade level range for which each podcast would be appropriate. Lots of supplemental resources for your classroom!!
This link takes you directly to the Hispanic Heritage Month Podcasts. Hispanic Heritage Month is rounding out here as it annually is September 15-October 15.
Other curated lists of Jeff Glade's include:
- AAPI Podcasts -- Asian American/Pacific Islander Month: May
- Conservation Podcasts -- Think Earth Day: April 22nd
- Women's History Month -- March
- Black History Month -- February
- Native American Heritage Month Podcasts -- November
- Halloween Podcasts
- Pride Podcasts -- Pride Month: June (Other Pride Related Special Days can be found here)
- Disability Awareness Podcasts -- Disability Awareness Month: March
- At this writing, he also has lists for the following months: February, March, April, Sept, December
He's been compiling current lists since 2019, so you will find multiple clickable lists with the same titles for a true wealth. (They are dated in the bottom right-hand corner.)
He also has some practical ideas about to incorporate these into your lessons with some meaningful activity suggestions and tech integrations that you can easily put into practice in your classroom.
Image created at https://imgflip.com/i/81wa5n