10 days from now it will be the 16th annual Earth Hour. What started in 2007 as a local event in Sydney, Australia has now become a worldwide, global event that happens in your time zone, on the 4th Saturday of March from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm. During that time, individuals and businesses are encouraged to turn off all non-essential lights for that hour to symbolize our collective commitment to the planet. By clicking those lights off, it shines a spotlight on the importance of every person and their ability to take action and make a difference. Likewise, it draws attention to our global energy consumption and how that affects climate change.
- Stock up on candles and light them up as you knock out all your other lights at 8:30 pm.
- Unplug and have some good ole fashioned non-tech time.
- Play a game of night time Hide & Seek.
- Have a candlelight dinner... perhaps al fresco.
- Roast some marshmallows over a bonfire with good friends.
- Take a moonlit stroll.
- Spend some time in reflection and meditation.
- Play board games with your family by flashlight.
- Go stargazing.
- Take a night hike.
- Tell ghost stories.
- Take time having great conversations and quality time with someone you love.
- ...the sky is the limit! Create your own fun! Let me know what you are planning to do!
Video from https://youtu.be/rL5GSYBIsPk