Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been heavy on my heart and mind since her passing last Friday night. She really has become such an American icon over her 87 years. It's been inspiring seeing the tributes to her on both social and mainstream media.
A friend of mine went to lay flowers at the Supreme Court to honor both RBG and to dedicate a flower to special women in her life. I was touched to be one of the women she chose to include in that.
When I think of the powerhouse that RBG was, I am a bit in awe. Another friend posted this list on social media, along with the comment that no matter which side of politics you are on, all women owe a lot to the trailblazer we call Justice Ginsburg.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Supreme Court Justice Mini Bio video (3 minutes) created by Biography.com
- Myhero.com's Multimedia Resources & Lesson Plans on Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Newseum's "Women Who Shaped the Supreme Court" lesson plans
- There are many RBG links & lesson plans at Resources for History Teachers
- Bookroo's list of "14 Kids Books About Ruth Bader Ginsburg"