So, where do you stand, here, a week after the population explosion? Feeling crowded yet? As our GTG series o'7 billion draws to a close, here's a final resource for you.
Population Connection's Education Program is a great website focused entirely on population education. It is a national program dedicated to teacher training (preK to 12), providing age-appropriate curricula on the multi-disciplinary fields of population trends, environmental education, public health, sociology, history, geography, anthropology, economics, ecology, and civics. Whether it is through their newsletter, online resources, their curricular-products you can purchase, connections to state and national standards, or their teacher training, their resources are vast! In their storehouse, they have 150+ activities (with a majority of those being hand-on, kid-friendly, clever classroom activities).
Great places within their site to investigate:
- The Basics of Population Education
- Teaching Materials & Tools
- Recommended Children's Literature (main focus: social justice and environmental stewardship)
- World Population Video
- Teacher Workshops
- Free Newsletter (the most recent: "A Quick Trip to 7 Billion")
- Quick Trip to 7 Billion Wall Chart