Water is health.
Water is nature.
Water is urbanization.
Water is industry.
Water is energy.
Water is food.
Water is equality.
Water is at the heart of our global sustainability.
To learn more about the vital importance of water on all 7 of these levels, go to the UN World Water Day Learn page. You will certainly be struck by some significant statistics as you read this page, from how much water it takes to...
- produce plastic (some of which sadly returns back to our water ways as marine debris that never deteriorates),
- raise beef cattle,
- meet the global water demand for manufacturing.
- and percentage of people who live in cities,
- of people who do not have access to clean water,
- of hours a day women in developing countries spend retrieving fresh water for their family.
Image from https://www.facebook.com/unwater,