- The Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY)
- Indianapolis Chidlren's Museum (Indianapolis, IN)
- The Museum of Memory & Human Rights (Santiago, Chile)
- The American Museum of Natural History (New York, NY)
- The Columbus Museum of Art (Columbus, OH)
- The Smithsonian Institution (Washington, DC
Saturday, July 16, 2022
And every teacher I know, their wheels are always spinning, thinking creatively about their craft. Summers included!
All of this is probably why this Edutopia article jumped out at me. In the Edutopia June 16, 2022 article entitled "6 Museums With Exceptional Teacher Resources," Tanya Brown Merriman shares some digital archives, online lesson plans, virtual field trips, and professional development opportunities. Not only do they list some great brain activating ideas to implement into the classroom, but these museums definitely are a visual feast and appeal to the lifelong learner!
Museum resources to check out in Tanya Brown Merriman's article, where you can get an in-depth glance at all these museums have to offer. She includes a resource spotlight and classroom activities as well as a link to each of the following museums :
And people think teachers just lounge around all summer, eating bon bons! Not quite!!
Image created on www.canva.com