An atlas of maps.
A cache of jewels.
A quiver of arrows.
A blush of robins.
A charm of hummingbirds.
A wonder of stars.
A kaleidoscope of butterflies.
When it comes to a knowledge base, I like to think of it a a "cavalcade of collected resources." If you are looking for a wealth of nature-based info, Maryland Association of Environmental & Outdoor Education [MAEOE] is the place to go. Given their dedication to environmental education & green schools, it's no surprise!
This summer, they are creating weekly newsletters entitled: "Engaging With Nature: Weekly Ideas for Parents & Caregivers Newsletter." Here they have a collection of outdoor, nature-centric ideas to connect you with nature in a variety of no tech, low tech, and high tech activities, camps for kids, and adult inspiration. At this writing they have Summer Edition 1 (June 19) & Edition 2 (June 26).
In addition to their Resource Library, they have another page of a multitude of resources dedicated to providing parents & educators loads of links. Their Home-Based Environmental Education Resources (Teachers, Parents and Guardians) page has links to resources on all of these:
- Resources & Support Such as:
- 50th Anniversary of Earth Day resources
- Bay Backpack Resouces
- National Wildlife Federation Resources
- Project Learning Tree
- Green Center Partners
- Virtual Field Trips & Tours
- Spanish Reosurces
- Climate Education Tools
- Community Science Tools
- MAEOE Video lunches
- Professional Development & Webinars
- Wednesday Lunch and Shares--A google drive folder filled with all of their weekly lunch recorded events since April 1st
- April 1, 2020: Taking a Purposeful Pause
- April 8, 2020: Share ideas for connecting families with nature nearby or inside
- April 15, 2020: Climate Change and COVID-19
- April 22, 2020: Earth Day and Citizen Science
- April 29, 2020: Climate Education and Art Online
- May 6, 2020: Online Portals and Virtual Learning
- May 13, 2020: Engaging With Volunteers During COVID-19
- May 20, 2020: What's the Buzz: All About Native Bees
- May 27, 2020: Conservation and Agriculture
- June 3, 2020: Environmental Forums and Virtual Green Team Meetings
- June 10, 2020: Virtual Encounters with Live Animals
- June 17, 2020: Agricultural and Virtual Education Resources
- Environmental Educators Collaboration Meetings:
- March 30, 2020: Working Collaboratively Together
- April 14, 2020: Equity and Inclusion
- April 27, 2020: Place-Based Learning
- May 11, 2020: Aligning Virtual Resources to Standards
- May 26, 2020: Engaging in Nature this Summer & Communication Strategies
- June 8, 2020: Continuation of May 26, 2020 Meeting (Engaging in Nature this Summer & Communication Strategies)
No comments :
Post a Comment