Their attractions that we did take advantage of (as there just wasn't time for the beach, horseback riding, and all that we did):
- Visiting Monkey Island, Parrot Island, and Iguanaland to see all of these amazing creatures
- Doing 8-10 ziplines along their ecotour--the last of which landed in water!
- Trekking the Cultural Route--a rebuilt village of the Tainos Indians with historical boards detailing Christopher Columbus' invasion.
- Splashing about under a waterfall.
- Swimming in a crysaline underground cave, a treat all to ourselves.
- Jumping into Hoya Azul, a ceynote (which is a sink hole that filled with water).
- Visiting the True Bat Cave: Iguabonita Cave--with helmets on to protect us from the bat droppings!
When it comes to traveling and/or outdoor adventure, do it. Just the mere fact of encountering something different is what life is all about. It widens your perspective and gives you new experiences. Some of those may include a glimpse at other cultures. When. you can see the wider world outside of yourself, it it builds perspective, empathy, and even more when some of those experiences are outside!