Given this year's adventure, podcasts were my friends while the backseat crew had movies, books, and tablets as their best buddies. Yes, there were dictionary word games and song-a-thons, but mixed in between was the fortification of a lot of good brainspace. I've been investigating many different podcasts, but I keep coming back to the same ones:
- Michael Hyatt's "This Is Your Life" (though I'm all caught up, having listened to every one)
- Shawn Stevenson's "Model Health Show" (see Michael Hyatt)
- Lewis Howes' "The School of Greatness"
- Chalene Johnson's "The Chalene Show"
- The Good Life Project
But this trip was largely brought to me by Lewis Howes.
His interviews were fascinating, and brought many insights. Plus, it made for some good car companions for when my kids were sleeping or too busy playing to pay attention to me. (Though, I did actuallly catch them listening from time to time.
Here's a bit of wisdom I gleaned while "on the road:"
- From Larry King--the importance of asking questions & tackling life through humor
- From Taye Diggs--the importance of gratitude
- From Shawn Stevenson--the importance of sleep & ways to improve the sleep you're getting
- From Lisa Nichols--the power in faith & overcoming your own personal obstacles
- From Laird Hamilton--the power of breathing & meditating to "get in the zone"
- From Tom Bilyeu--the power of growth over fixed mindset & achieving self-awareness
- From Gretchen Rubin--the importance of habits to build happiness
Good road companions and messages along the way. An excellent way to get geared back up with all the back-to-school business as that's the season we are in!
Good brain space always makes for a loyal travel companion--no matter where you go!!
Lewis Howes image from http://lewishowes.com/; podcast image from http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/58169/find-old-podcast-iphone/