I nearly went with "Invest." That one had a pretty good fit--not just from a money decision side, but also in these ways:
- Invest in the relationships that matter;
- Invest in spending time in ways I value;
- Invest in food and health choices to build the body and energy I desire.
But, just like when you think you have that "just right outfit" and are walking up to the counter to purchase it and make it your own, you see "it." That unassuming yet perfect outfit tucked away that you somehow managed to miss on your first go around. Surprisingly simple, yet so ideal.
Yep, it's the one. Make.
Yet, this seemingly simple word has a lot of power:
- Make time for what I value.
- Make time for the people I love.
- Make healthy food choices.
- Make smart money choices.
- Make room in my house for the things I love, and make a break from the things we have outgrown.
- Make a move to get outside more.
- Make more "unplugged" time (& make my family see the importance of that).
- Make more time to "play" (& to sleep!)
- Make time for creativity and blogging.
- Make time to be less busy while making time for re-energizing & more adventures.
- Make time for more books and less Social Media Trawling.
- Make peace with the imperfections.
- Make more laughter to alleviate the stress of modern living.
- Make more space amongst the busy.
- Make some lemonade, & make time to watch the sunset while drinking it.
- Make a family word for the year that the 4 of us can aspire to.
- Make a life that energizes me.
- Make sure I'm not sleep walking through life (though make sure to sleep if that's what my body needs!)
- Make this the year that you make things happen.
- Make a difference.
"You gotta know when to hold them, know when to fold them. Know when to walk away...Know when to run."
Yes, "Make" fits quite comfortably.